Friday, November 11, 2011

Sunny Friday

Today was such a gorgeous day, I have to tell ya'll about it. We have these two hand-made (by my husband, I must say!) adirondack chairs in our front yard that are perfect for lounging as our neighbors stroll by on the sidewalk out front.

Our charming adirondack chairs, made by Patrick and painted to match our front door!

I love chilling there and saying hi and just getting to know the people in our neighborhood. Well today, my hubby put up a little table for me out there, allowing me to actually work in that glorious spot. I kicked butt on some graphic design freelance while he was working away in "the shop" (aka our garage) on some more fabulous wood projects. He's really amazing when it comes to that stuff!

All the while the sun is shining, the birds are chirping, the leaves are changing. I was completely content. And now tonight we are off to a Member Preview of the newest show at the Brooks Art Museum in downtown Memphis: Armed + Dangerous. It's a show all about the transformation of armor through the years. And get this...entertainment provided by Dueling Dragons School of Fencing...how cool is that?! I can't wait to watch my first fencing duel! I hope your Friday is just as lovely as mine is turning out to be!

Moral of the Story: Keep your eyes open, as you just never know when your day is going to become lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment