Thursday, August 26, 2010

The First Post of My Blog!!


...said with a booming voice like that of, "The first gift of Christmas!" from The Polar Express...

Let me just say that there are mixed emotions right now. I've always wanted to start a blog.  In fact, I think I've started several different blogs in my lifetime...but THIS is the first time I have actually posted something of significance.  Thus: Excitement!!  Now enter: Nervousness, Expectancy, Worry, Squimishment, Dullness, Disappointment.  See?  In one statement I have played through my whole blogging experience without even posting my first post.  Let me explain.  I'm nervous that no one will even read what I'm writing (ps: who cares?)  I'm worried that if anyone does read what I'm writing they'll think it's stupid (and again: who really cares?)  I'm squimish as I sift through my brain trying to figure out what is worthy enough of a topic.  I'm dull because I have no earthly idea of what to write...and I'm disappointed because even if I did write anything I feel like it might be pointless (talk about a complex!)  Oh the pressure.

But back to the point of this blog: Sunny Side UP.  Derived from "chin UP," "Man UP" and what the heck...maybe even "Fess UP."  Mostly I hope to encourage others by relating to them and also to help myself work through the tangled mess of thoughts in my head...always ending UP with a positive moral of the story.  I know it won't be easy, but I'd like to commit to this mission nonetheless, because that is why, I believe, we are here on this earth.  To be a positive light to the world...pointing UPwards to Christ, our Lord and Savior.  I hope to point to Him in the way I live my life because not only did God give me life from the beginning...He sent His son to give m Eternal Life...that's life forever...in Heaven...the best place EVER!!  All this despite the fact that I'm a sinner and keep on messing UP over and over again.  He sees my mistakes and still loves and forgives me when I turn to Him.  And that's just skimming the surface...Whoo!  Can I get an Amen?!

Now...I could go on and on, but in fear of my first blog scaring potential readers off due to long-windedness, I think I'll end on that high note...and with a sense of accomplishment, I might add.  I've officially posted my first post. *phew!*

Moral of the Story: The first is the worst, so logically it can only go UP from here.

2 comments:

  1. Since you were (and are) our firstborn, dear beautiful red-head, I'll be the first to comment on your blog. I LOVE IT (almost as much as I love you!) All of the thoughts you've shared here allows your dad and I into your heart in a way that we can't necessarily convey through skype or a phone call. What's funny, as I read the first phase of this blog, I was "problem-solving" FOR you, as any good mother would do, right? Hah! You then proceeded to problem-solve for yourself in the next phase, with amazing solutions, centered around our Lord's love for you. Kudos to you, sweet lady. LALOLCYW Your Mama - a.k.a. The A-Bomb

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI: LALOLCYW = Loads And Loads Of Love Coming Your Way...I cracked it!

    ReplyDelete