Saturday, August 28, 2010

Birthday Blessings

I'm sitting here and it's almost my birthday (we're talking a matter of minutes).  I'm SO excited!!!  Birthdays were always a big deal in my family.  Mom and Dad did a great job of making my sister and I feel extra special on each of our extra special days.  Streamers hanging from the door, soap writing on the mirror in the bathroom, fine china pulled out for breakfast and don't forget the birthday tablecloth accompanied by our choice of birthday dinner.  Not to mention queen for the day and lovely gifts :)  Oh yeah.  We had it good.  Scratch that...GREAT!  Needless to say my hubby has a lot to live up to as he's my family now and my birthday is so quickly approaching.  Not to worry, though, his amazingness is no less in the birthday department.  He started out my birthday week with an amazing bottle of ice wine in our new Riedel glasses (ps: totally worth the extra dinero if you're a wine drinker like us)  Beautiful flowers yesterday to remind me that my birthday is  just around the corner. I feel entirely special and my day is JUST about to begin :D Even though I do miss my family and friends on this first birthday in Memphis away from them all, I'm so blessed to have a man of God who is so eager and able to show his love for me. Better sign off for now.....3.....2.....1......HAPPY BIRTHDAY ME!!!!

Moral of the Story: Count your blessings, for I'm sure they outweigh your trials.

No comments:

Post a Comment