Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Unexpected Kindness

Patrick and I recently celebrated our One Year Anniversary...Yay Marriage!! You can see the happy couple below:

Happy Birthday to our Marriage!
We celebrated at the lovely Historic Fairview Inn in Jackson, MS (thanks to Living Social Escapes) with a romantic weekend just far enough away from the business of life. I do hope to go back again. But then again, who wouldn't after feeling like a Queen for a weekend?!

On the way back from our celebration Patrick was driving and I was trying to get comfortable in the passenger seat, but it just wasn't working. Something was missing...and it just so happened that the missing piece was a pillow in the trunk of our car. So, Patrick, being the knight in shining armor that he is, pulled the car to the side of the road to get it for me. The road we had stopped on was one of those "Highway" roads that are two lanes with a 55 mph speed limit. Luckily it wasn't too busy...otherwise I don't think I would've let him get out...no matter how uncomfortable I was! Not 5 seconds after we stopped, another car pulled up behind us. Now, I'm not going to lie, my gut reaction was, "Oh no! What do they want!" I guess that's just the world we live in today...with all the bad news I hear on the radio. Quite the contrary, though! He was a Southern Gentleman, and he wanted to see if we needed any help! I was astonished! And then I felt really bad because A#1) I had jumped to the conclusion that he was somehow out to get us; and B#2) His stop was in vain, because we were simply a doting husband getting a pillow out of the trunk of our car for an "on the verge" cranky wife!

His unexpected kindness was a breath of fresh air, to say the least. Honestly, it made me wish I was a big, burly, man for a second, so that I could stop on the side of the road to see if a weary traveler needed help. Thanks, Richard, for stopping to help us!! And thanks for re-instating my confidence that there are indeed kindred spirits all around us.

Moral of the Story: Look for the best in those around you and you just might find that it's right there in front of your face...even when you least expect it!

No comments:

Post a Comment