Monday, July 18, 2011

Who EVER thought this could be fun?!

All right folks, get ready for the ride of your life! Get this:

I had to stop at Target today after work to pick up some ho hum items. Patrick and I even came up with a little acronym to help me remember...TTPC...toothpaste, tampons, pads and cards (of the greeting sort). Luckily Target is on my way home...so no biggie. Get in. Get out. Get home. 'nuff said.

HOWEVER...to my great and wonderful surprise, the middle two items on my list turned out to be so much more! Ta da!!



I don't know who thought of this, but they are brilliant! BRILLIANT I tell you! I never knew period supplies could be so much fun. Look at the colors! Look at the packaging! There is cool funkiness abound! Maybe it's because I'm a graphic designer. Maybe it's because I normally hate spending mulah on things like this that are normally just a means to a bitter end. Whatever it is... this new, fresh take on "feminine supplies" makes me very excited! But wait...there's more! Not only is the packaging fun and exciting, but there was a GWP (aka Gift with Purchase for those of you who haven't worked retail...thank you Bed, Bath & Beyond ;) Check out these little pretties...


For every two qualifying kotex "U" purchases your received one amazing little clutch (yes, I had a lot of schtuff to buy!). AND do you see the little goody peeking out of the pink and black clutch? That, my friends, is a little tin...and inside the tin are brightly colored little liners that you can use on the go. I'm totally going to keep the tin in my purse for those "oops, I forgot it's Wednesday of period week" moments!

Okay...sorry guys...didn't mean to dwell, but I had to share my excitement. Go kotex! Go fun surprises! And of course, Go Target! ;)

PS: I just told my hubby about this happenstance and along the same lines, he suggested to me to plan a Girls Night Out or other fun event of sorts during the week of my period every month (thanks to good old birth control...sorry if it's tmi...I can predict these sorts of things). No one else would have to know the event is due to Aunt Flo being in town. But wouldn't that be a fun little pick-me-up? Hmmm...the wheels are turning...any ideas, ladies??

Moral of the Story: Things that are seemingly dull and terrible can be somehow turned into good and wonderful with a new perspective or fun addition to the mix! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHA!! dude you crack me up. I have these too, I couldn't resist the packaging myself. However, I did NOT get a GWP and now I'm a wee bit jealous. (and in a wee bit state, I could use that cute and tiny panty liner tin!)

    ReplyDelete